Thursday, November 8, 2012

Headed to Istanbul Tomorrow!

I know it's been a while since I updated this blog, but in all fairness it's also been a while since I went anywhere exciting.  I'm going to try to post some updates while I'm away, and maybe some photos if the technology in the Internet Cafes and my camera want to cooperate with me.

This trip has been a very long time in the making.  I kind of scratched my head for a few months trying to figure out where to go, and then: BAM.  Turkey.  Congratulations to the Turkish tourism board, you got me.

If you're keeping tabs on the border issues between Turkey and Syria, please don't worry; I'm going to stay in Istanbul and the region around the Black Sea, so I should be safe and well away from any fighting.

I've got a few minor housekeeping things to take care of before I go: batteries to charge, books to download, and I'd like to find my missing iPod...  Still, this trip could not come at a better time for me.  It's been a crazy year, lots of ups and downs, but I'm in a good place and looking forward to a week away from the office.

Wish me luck!

No comments: