Sunday, September 7, 2008

Ad augusta per angusta

"Through trial to triumph" just became the theme of my upcoming semester abroad. The goal: to do as much as possible with very little money. The (most likely) outcome: I can't afford books next semester and I begin to haunt the library full-time.

So, if you haven't figured it out, I'm going to England on Wednesday. I'm Short-Round on crack excited about this - Chewie on catnip, even - but that's not why I started this post. I really just wanted to thank all of my friends for giving me a great weekend.

I drove down to MC on Friday afternoon, spent the evening with Lisbit watching The Life of Brian, eating white pizza a la Ray, and we had a nice, long talk (or three). Saturday consisted of a House marathon, a dinner party, and Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. I would love to tell you that we roasted Keanu Reeves mercilessly, but really, our whole group just sat and watched the "truly bogus" events unfold. Keanu gives the best performance of his career, and everyone loses braincells for the effort. I have a few new theories about The Matrix (Excellent Adventure also features spooky old guys in black trench coats, sunglasses, and technologically advanced phone booths), but that's it.

So thank you, everyone. I had a "truly excellent" time this weekend. Stay in contact: leave me comments, write me letters, send emails, get on AIM.

I'm driving home today, finishing that tedious chore called "packing," and then that's it. In a plane, in an airport, in a new country. I'm so excited!

No comments: