Monday, September 1, 2008

Rimrock Hike

I'm not sure this counts as "travelling," since the lovely Rimrock is only 30 minutes from my house, but what the hell. I don't have anything better to do, do I? (Hint: no, I do not.)

We (read: Brice and I) took the wrong access road, so we had a quick detour to Jake's Rocks, but then we made our way back to the main road. A few more minutes, and wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am. We were there!

We hiked around, Brice looked for some good places to anchor his gear, and our explorations culminated in a game of "lava" - aka mountain goat academy. Saying I lost would be an understatment, he's like a little monkey-thing. He did some rappelling and a couple of free climbs, I snapped some photos, and we explored a very small cave by cell phone light.

I'll spare you all the details, because if you're ever in Warren County I can take you on the tour first-hand. So really... this post is just an excuse for pictures. They're all of Brice doing fun things while I figured out the features on my new camera, but I think they're share-worthy.



Brice trying to anchor his ropes to the edge of the cliff.


Having fun on the short wall because his rope wasn't long enough for the tall cliff. Pobrecito.

No comments: