Monday, October 6, 2008

London III: Tower Bridge, Tower of London, & the River Thames

We tubed up to Tower Hill on Saturday afternoon, just in time for the midday drizzle of rain. It didn't get too bad - we had a nice cup of tea to warm ourselves up about half way through - and I think everyone had a decent time. I would have liked to tour the Tower, but Chad and Elizabeth didn't want to spend the money, and since I saw it the last time I visited London it didn't seem like a battle worth fighting. I did manage to snap a shot of one of the Beefeaters (Yeoman Warders of Her Majesty's Royal Palace and Fortress the Tower of London, but who wants to type that out?) taking tickets at the entrance. The hats are my favourite part of the uniform, so I'm not too concerned that the frock and cloak are hidden.

From the Tower Pier, I took a photo of the Gherkin and the Tower Bridge. Personally, I think that building is one of the best jokes in London, but I'll let you look at the picture and decide for yourself. We also looked around at the rather lack-luster London Bridge, and I was entertained by watching the boats try to dock across the river, but then Elizabeth got cold and we started to walk around again.

1) The Tower of London


2) London Bridge, the boats, and the River Thames





3) The Gherkin

4) A Beefeater




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great story and pictures... You and your new camera seem to be working well together... I see only one thing I dont like.. NO pictures of YOU..." Come on.. give a dog a bone"... Whats on the agenda for next week-end??? as always, MOM